Saturday, January 29, 2011

Lindsey, Buck & Phoenix come to visit :)

Well, I am slightly behind on my blogging. I really am enjoying writing out my thoughts and other random things, but I haven't quite gotten into the swing of blogging regularly. So now, I am going to play a little catch-up...

My dear dear friend Lindsey and her husband and puppy came to visit Josh and I last weekend. It was so great to get to spend some quality time with Lindz! To be honest, that's been one of the hardest things for me about this whole getting married, growing up, moving away thing - leaving friendships that are so well-established and vulnerable that you know that they are God-ordained. I know that this is a normal part of life, but there's a part of me that wishes that I could keep and strongly maintain all those friendships that I made in high school and college. Well, Lindsey is one of those friendships that I wish I could maintain at the intensity that it was when we were in high school...she is one of my closest and dearest friends in the world, and now that we are both married and living a hundred some-odd miles apart, I cherish any time that we get to spend together. Needless to say, I was quite excited when they arrived, as I hadn't seen her since November, and before that...June! She also has a puppy, a golden retriever named Phoenix who was in tow so that him and our goldendoodle could have a little puppy play-date. Also, Lindsey was the one who was in cahoots with me when I got scammed into getting a puppy double, potentially even triple, the size that I originally wanted, so I wanted her to be able to see exactly what she had gotten me into. :)

Needless to say, Roscoe and Phoenix were quite hilarious to watch. Two 50-lb., slightly awkward puppies lumbering around the house together was quite the sight.
We captured a rare calm moment for a quick shot. Notice that Ross (left) is the same size as his 2-month older friend, Phoenix, and that his paws are double the size of Phoenix. Eek.

Lindsey and I decided to leave the guys at home on Saturday and we had a much-needed afternoon of girl-talk and artsiness. We visited the Mad Potter and explored our crafty side a little bit. I'm not super crafty, but I must say I'm pretty proud of my vase (pronounced vahz, because it turned out so fancy! :) Hehe).
Lindsey working hard on her coasters. They look great!
Our work station.

Friends working on some art :)
I'm so thankful that we got to hang out and catch up, if only for a day or so. I feel very blessed to have this sweet friend in my life! Many more weekend trips to visit each other to come! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment