Sunday, January 9, 2011

5 Days Down

We are almost a quarter of the way through our detox! WOOHOO. Well, not quite a quarter, but we are 5 days done out of 28. So we're close. And we are doing it! That's the big news. I didn't really think that it would be this hard, but it has definitely been a challenge for me. I didn't realize how much of a snacker I am, but there have been numerous times over the past few days that I have opened up the pantry and gone to grab some kind of snack, only to remember that I can't eat anything in the cabinet! Brown rice cakes with almond butter have become my staple. Surprisingly, though, they are tasting better and better to me. Probably the hungrier I get, the less picky I get. :) In all reality though, I am completely full right now. I am eating less and waaaayyy more healthy than I ever have, but I am eating filling foods, so I'm really not hungry. Tonight, Josh made us venison filets, spinach and brown rice with agave nectar. And everything was delicious! I am experimenting with new foods that I never would have touched before. In fact, last night I made spaghetti squash --

I popped it in the oven for 45 minutes...
...until it was soft enough to cut through...
...then we pulled out all these delicious strands! I sauteed onions and garlic and mixed it in and it was delicious.


I really am hopeful that after these 28 days are over, my habits will have changed, or at least have been modified to where I make some of these changes that I am making now, permanent. Coffee and chocolate will be added back to the diet on day 29 though, I can tell you that right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment